Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If the hue fits


Being at my local bookstore and sitting over ice tea, I began drooling over one of the latest books by one of my favorite interior designers: Kelly Wearstler! She is the epitome of urban chic, the trendsetter and independent thinker in interior design. She reinvents the rules and packs so much energy into her rooms, they are glamorous and livable, over the top and fabulous!
A quick paging results in serious dreaming and I put this book on my HAVE-TO-HAVE list of design books!








One could argue that perhaps only a few very wealthy lucky clients benefit from her enormous talent, but she is such an inspiration, many ideas can be incorporated in a lower budget or could be tweaked to fit!
Her talent shows as well in the vignettes she creates, lovingly assembled items with great impact!




This sculpture is particularly interesting to me, being a former midwife it spoke to me....


And the kitchen is beyond fabulous! Well, I am dreaming now!




A tour de force, but well worth it, right?


XX
Victoria



Pictures are all snatched from the book HUE by Kelly Wearstler. This link takes you to amazon.com...But its sold at all major bookstores!

14 comments:

  1. wow a midwife, i had no idea! pregnant women fascinate me- on a micro personal and a macro community level, so i love the sculpture as well. and the kitchen! i can't look at the structure of it because of the beautiful glass domes housing sweets!
    i love her bold use of color; there is such a sense of playfulness. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - do you have that book? I would love to borrow it for a few hours. Kelly is a "tour de force" and her designs have such glamour!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is truly amazing, she and Ryan Korban are my favorite designers! I do my best to copy her look, it's hard on a budget, but you're right, there are definitely some ideas you can use! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá Vic!Adoro dar longas caminhadas pelo seu blog! volta cheia de ideias!Parabéns...Teu blog é a inspiração.
    bjkasssss

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a very interesting book indeed. I absolutely LOVE that kitchen! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's lovely that you were a midwife. Thought of you today, glad you are submerging yourself in bookstores, favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you always have great designs to share. It's always a blur of colorful inspiration which has be pondering how I can bring some of that into my own life. I love every single design you've shared in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I have to reread it! Am looking at in a totally different way now!

    xoxo
    dagny

    ps - I'm SO happy you liked the laundry room!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, completely well worth it! Kelly is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A midwife - my great grandmother was a midwife - I learn more interesting things about you all the time.
    A very interesting book that I will have to look at some time. Her style is much too busy for my home but it is filled with inspiration.

    Warm wishes,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Victoria, for the introduction. Am at the bookshop this weekend. Must remember to have a look through this. from what I see here everything looks so inspirational. Her style has loads of colours, like a festival almost...
    Enjoy the weekend, sweetie;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Victoria I adore her work, her sense of color and style. Fabulous!!

    Be sure to enter my Designer Giveaway from Pillow Mint

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  13. replica bags us fake hermes s3b33d3q39 replica bags vuitton web n4o86r7f49 replica gucci bags replica bags sydney check my site u7n34j5k47 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags in london

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails