Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What I am reading now

Image

Lately, with winter upon us I love to read more and hang out next to the fire place, after all the day's work is done.
I can hear my daughter singing upstairs, my son playing guitar and my husband still working next door on his computer. The dog cozies up next to me, expecting a neck rub and perhaps a treat and then I curl up on the couch and open my book! Heavenly moment! Well, until the familiar Maamaaa! call is heard from upstairs....

Last year I had read Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden and when The Distant Hours came out a couple of month ago I could not wait to find the right moment to begin with it! Kate Morton, a native Australian, lives in Brisbane with her family.
Her first book The House at Riverton is still on my list. I like to tease myself...Another long winter is ahead!


Image

So that's where I am now: An old English castle, family secrets and a young heroine, a wonderful recipe for a tale which has me in it's grip way later then my usual bedtime....
I found Kate Morton's website and check out this fabulous trailer to her new book!


The Distant Hours by Kate Morton from Pan Macmillan on Vimeo.



So if you are in with me for a mystery with all the trimmings, go ahead, find a reading nook, get comfortable and open the first page!


xx
Victoria

PS: Click on the book titles to go to Amazon to shop!


Pictures as indicated.

6 comments:

  1. I heard recently that Kate Morton is Australia's biggest selling author & yet I haven't read one of her books! That is a shameful admission, so that must change immediately. Enjoy your cosy reading moments.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie, thank you, I think if you like a bit of mystery mixed in with history and family saga, you will love her books! I am a fan!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hunt her books up for a winter read or two. It was such fun to have a dinner with Millie and MOTH. They are a fun couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow definitely seems like my kind of a read! i love snuggling up on the couch with a good book in winters too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see you today and thanks for the lovely warm cup of tea and opening your door on a moments notice! Love my little ornament on the tree along with such a fragrant candle! Hope you will come up to the mountain and bring your books and we can read and share good company.
    You are a dear and delightful lady!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, Miles of Style, thanks, it's a great read!
    Patricia, you are so graceful and thanks for coming by spontaneously!
    Thanks for your lovely gift! Wonderful to have you as a friend!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails