Friday, June 19, 2009

Schmap...my photo

I took this picture a few month ago during my oldest son's visit home. We had spend a beautiful early spring day at Wave Hill, visiting the gardens and greenhouses. I posted about it on March 9th, 2009. You can find it under link within -Places I love!



Yesterday I've got an e-mail from one of the editors of Schmap, an online worldwide cultural guide to sites and special events. They informed me, that one of my pictures of Wave Hill, the wonderful estate with gardens in the Bronx,NY had been chosen to represent it in their latest New York edition. They had picked it from thousands of Flickr pics together with some other great photographers.
Well, it makes me happy, I am riding the air waves...
You can find my photo and name when you click on the Schmap widget and look for Wave Hill, Bronx,NY.
Yippee!


Picture by V.Zlotkowski

8 comments:

  1. Wave hill is one of my most favorite spots. We should plan to go there with a picnic and our cameras and sketch pads. Surely you have seen my post....on wave hill. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'd love to! :)
    And a nice weekend to you as well, hopefully a little dryer than expected...
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee right back at ya! What a lovely honor and wonderful tribute to your photography and design skills. I envy you ladies with access to Wave Hill. What a little bit of heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sehr hubsche (auful German spelling). I think the flowers are smiling. Beautiful picture, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - that is wonderful news about your photograph. Thanks for visiting me at French Essence....Happy weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... what great news, mama. i can only agree with the previous comments.it's an honour and says a lot about your skills. congrats.

    talk soon. love,

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! cool coool cool...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations from Wave Hill, too! Lovely to see, and to read the enthusiasm for Wave Hill in some of the other comments that have been posted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails