Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mauve madness


I have a weakness for mauve. Actually for all hues falling between blue-grayish violet to lavender and pastel lilac, to purple... The above picture I took last year in the harbour of Gloucester, MA. It has all the soft colors I love. Mauve has for me feminine qualities without being too sweet, timeless elegance. It feels always a little mysterious. It's the color of the romantic aera and from flowers to sky I love it. It's dramatic with black and silver, happy with light blue, pink and green, mysterious with red and gold. And somehow it workes for me in all seasons.

These images I pulled from the 'English Home' magazine....the latest I found at the bookstore around the corner...




This one can be found here...and you do some good with a percentage of the money spend...



A few more pics from the 'English Home' mag...










This picture I found in a book, but I do not remember... maybe Charlotte Moss or Carolyne Roehm ?



It's so gorgeous! Found here.


And if all else fails, maybe this will convince you???

A little Prada from here...


Mauve along with me! I think it is one of the colors to keep an eye on in 2010!

XX Victoria


Pictures by V.Zlotkowski and as indicated.

7 comments:

  1. I love all those shades of grape, concord, eggplant and purple!
    Pretty images.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that mauve, along with all kinds of purples, will be big for 2010. What I like about mauve is that it is, in many ways, a neutral, but with way more life and personality than basic beige.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patricia, it's a bit like everlasting spring to me.
    Averill, you just nailed it: its an upbeat neutral...it discribes it very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...I love mauve with gray and black. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mauve is definitely beautiful! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mauve is one of those colours I tend to forget about. Livelier than grey with moody blue undertones. It IS lovely....But to wear that colour you really need the right skin tone. Maybe that's why I forget about it. It fades me out. Thanks for another perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who new but I guss it's back! hope all is well!

    Would also LOVE your support on the ELLE DECOR window I did for the Big Window Challenge this year with Apartment Therapy. Check it out at http://www.bigwindowchallenge com. As we all know, AT doesn’t make it easy, but you can vote TWICE a day, once online and the other by texting “1” to 89800.

    Your support means the world to me!!

    Xo
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails