Monday, September 14, 2009

Meeting Patricia

After some friendly e-mail exchanges I had the good fortune to meet with Patricia van Essche of PVE design today and we spend a lovely morning and eventual afternoon together. She is as graceful as her illustrations and I had such a nice time.
To write my blog has given me many things over the last months: not only did I get to know so many like minded people, creative writers, photographers, artists and designers, witty and generous, but they give me support and I learned blog writing and etiquette, received endless inspiration and I found a place, where I feel included, comfortable and welcome. It's a tightly knit community and I am very grateful to be a part of it.
Meeting Patricia today was so special, since I had gotten to know her over several month of blog writing and reading and today was a little like meeting an old friend.
She lives literally around the corner, we have children similar in age and we found lots of common ground. I am an ardent admirer of her artwork and she was sweet enough to bring me one of her pretty notebooks and lovely cards.



Patricia, thank you for all and the lovely time.

We visited Shandell's, an unique lighting shop, where Susan creates with beautiful vintage(wallpaper) accents lamps, lampshades and all kind of small accessories to bring home.
Her shop in Millerton,NY nestled in the hills of Duchess County is absolutely worth the visit and her stylish pieces make wonderful gifts to yourself and friends!
Later we've had lunch at Harney and Sons, a teashop/restaurant with much more then tea to offer.
And finally I got introduced to the very creative and irresistible charming Eddie Ross of EddieRoss.com. So much fun!
My day could not have been any better...

XX
Victoria

7 comments:

  1. Victoria,
    It was such a pleasure meeting you today!! I love your style and your blog! Jaithan and I would love to do dinner with you!
    xo
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... all of that in one day? Lucky you! You have a very nice blog here and I shall return.
    It is amazing to me the doors that have opened since I started my blog-less than a year ago- have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved our lunch and new friendships. Hope yo see you again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria,
    Spontaneity was on my list of resolutions and I love embracing life, taking charge "mini-road trips!"
    Eddie has such a natural love for living an artful life, and meeting Susan has added a whole new "light" to my home!
    Sorry the drive home was a bit long, but at least we were in "good company!" Glad you enjoyed the souvenirs. Nice to know a blogger who is living nearby.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very fun day was had by all...xv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, hurrah and yes to all!

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy the two of you getting together. What a wonder way to spend a day.

    Great to know you both as good blog friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails