Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A few Wednesday pictures

It is so beautiful today, the sun fills the garden with dusty light and I see busy spiders working away, last crickets ringing out the summer. I found a dead dragonfly with fragile transparent wings, so delicate. Do they live longer than one year?
Maybe they have just that one summer?


It's like a metaphor to use the given time! Carpe diem!

I was lucky enough to get a glimpse of the hummingbird, we have seen a pair over the summer regularly in our honeysuckle bush and this was a rare chance to get a picture, a pitty though, the wings cover her beautiful head and long beak. I guess its the female, her partner has a very colorful body.
On such occasions I wish I had a more professional camera...



I welcome those cooler, quieter days, mornings with children on their way to school. And afternoons for tea!



I hope you all enjoy the days ahaed!

XX
Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Love to meet one morning for a coffee or a tea or even a walk!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummingbirds...I just came back from my parents' house and they have quite the flock in their backyard! Your tea strainer is so lovely as well...I can see why you look forward to the days when you have time to drink it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails