Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finds


Through one of my hunts in my local book store I came across the April 2009 issue of The world of INTERIORS, one of the magazines I love to read. This particular one had a few pages, which I absolutely loved and immediately turned in my head into a blog post...The pictures I took are rather bad, forgive the quality...
Firstly it featured the artist Brice Marden's house upstate New York on the Hudson and it's a show stopper. The rooms are airy and have a flair, which gives them that easy feel of relaxed living, artistry and style. The house itself has classic lines, incredible rooms and a wonderful porch...besides the gardens and views!
Just look!





Secondly I found pictures of Cardozo Kindersley's typography and stone carving workshop in Cambridge,UK with so much visible history.
I love letters and prints, this place is a like time machine, going back 80 years.
Kindersley designed the Octavian fond and after his death his widow continues the work.

Click on the image to enlarge it, so you can enjoy all the details!



Oh, all things I love!



D & E ( for Design...)


All pictures via The world of Interiors.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for keeping such a fresh and lovely blog. It's a wonderful to read, ponder, consider and challange what I believe to be beautiful. The porch with the white columns made me sigh - the picture is THAT good. Thanks for that.

    x H

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails