Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Berlin




Last week we arrived in Berlin and is has been a whirlwind of activities since. Berlin shows herself from her most sunny side, summery, warm and incredibly entertaining. When I came last it had been winter and I longed to explore this great city during a warmer time. Now we could.
Walking tours have been on our daily schedule and we found many delightful corners.
Berlin is a relaxed city.


Cafes, markets, playgrounds, water and parks make it so much fun, the infrastructure is perfect and getting around easy.


The Elephant Gate at the zoo near Kurfuerstendamm.
We visited one of two zoos, toured the beautiful Havel around Berlin and Potsdam,



watched the circus artists perform on Alexanderplatz and marveled at German ingeneering while visiting the new SONY center and Legoland at Potsdamer Platz.
Again I discovered local fashion and it astounds me how much creativity can be found walking alone through Berlin - Mitte.
We will finally return home on Friday, filled with grateful feelings for a wonderful summer together with our families and with many new impessions.
As for design ideas: I love the light, white, modern rooms I have seen again, the use of classic and antique furniture in modern settings, strategic colors and no fear of being different.
By now I can't wait to return home and to sort out all my impressions and show you some new ideas and more pictures.


XX
Victoria



All pictures by V.Zlotkowski

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you here in America!
    Safe trip home to you and your family.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go to Berlin! Love the water bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed your journal describing your incredible trip. You have alot of interesting things to say.
    Safe travels and will read your next post when you return to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails