Thursday, May 30, 2013

Little snack

Sometimes I crave a little snack in between. Different, tasty and zesty!
Being German, I love pumpernickel. But not every type will do. I go for the original, around here fairly available: 



The Baker - Company's, making organic, moist pumpernickel, just as I used to eat it back in Dresden as a child.
I topped it here with Guacamole, mixed with miso paste for added nutrition, cut some mixed leftover lettuce leaves and decorate it with cherry tomatoes. Drizzle fresh lemon juice and.... voila! A tasty treat!

It's also wonderful with butter and quark, a sour cream like
fermented dairy product, very common in Germany, topped with thinly sliced green onions, hmmm, it's especially delicious. 




xoxo


Photo my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails